Robert Calco wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:
>

>> I'm doing well, and it good to see you're still full of vim and
>> vinegar
>> and spunky as ever. I hope your new position work out for you.
>>

> Thank You Sir. :)
>

>> The evidence of global warming is mounting and becoming undeniable.
>>

> ".. a lie repeated often enough.."...
>

>> Change in climate and temperature have been occurring since the
>> beginning, but until recently the changes occurred over hundreds of
>> thousands, even millions of year. In the past the changes to
>> climate and
>> temperatures were so subtle and slow, that life on the planet was able
>> to adapt through evolution as the changes occurred.
>>
>> There have also been some abrupt changes in the past that devastated
>> life on earth like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunami, strikes by
>> asteroid,
>> but hopefully nothing on such a catastrophic level is in the cards for
>> our planet anytime soon. Catastrophic events of the past not only
>> devastated the planet of themselves, but also recked havoc in the
>> changes they made to the environment, which likely lasted long periods
>> before the planet regained her delicate balance.
>>

> Yeah they were real disasters. :P
>
>> The climate changes taking place now are occurring on a decade by
>> decade
>> basis with predictions of extraordinary change levels over the short
>> period of 100 years. Our planet cannot tolerate this level of
>> abuse. We
>> must immediately begin reversing the causes of global warming.
>>
>> We should begin:
>>
>> 1) Control population growth so as not to trample the necessary
>> plants,
>> vegetables, forest, open plains, tropical jungles, etc that are
>> absolutely necessary to a healthy planet full of all the diverse
>> ecological system supported.
>>

> I propose we nuke China, and tell Pakistan that India thinks they
> smell funny. And give both Israel and Iran the OK to stop jabbering
> and just whack each other with whatever they got.
>
> Almost overnight, the supposed over-population problem will be gone.
> And the ensuing nuclear winter would definitely reverse global
> warming for awhile.
>
> come to think of it, it would also result in a tangible reduction of
> the nuclear stockpile, and force us to find alternative fuels too.
> And the trade deficit would go away almost instantly...
>
> The more I think about it, the more I like it... <evil-grin/>
>
> :)

Those of you who think along the lines of the neoconservatives all have
a one track mind; war, war, war, and more war. But war is not the
solution; war is the problem, and as Albert Einstein once said:

I don't know what will be used to fight WW III, but WW IV will be fought
with sticks and stones.

Why use a radical tool like war to combat problems, when the same
objective can be achieved with proper planning and cooperation between
peoples and nations?

>> 2) Find energy sources that do not damage the environment, or even
>> cooperated to benefit the environment, like wind energy, energy
>> from the
>> tides and currents of the sea, solar energy, biofuel energy, thermal
>> energy, nuclear energy.
>>

> Maybe we can capture cow farts in jars and turn them into fuel
> somehow. You know, take a destructive thing and turn it into a
> positive thing. ;)

Methane gas if clean, efficient and can be obtained from human, pig, and
other animal waste. Tyson Chicken is now turning chicken fat, a
by-product of processing chicken for market, into biodiesel fuel.

http://www.viacorp.com/bio-gas.html

>> 3) Educate the world to the threat of climate changes, so that every
>> government around the world builds a society around economic,
>> political,
>> and social systems that protect the health and welfare of our planet.
>>

> I propose we teach people to think critically for themselves, period,
> so they don't get sold a bill of goods in the form of some alleged
> altruist's agenda, whether from the ostensible right or left.

You should take a little of your own advise and think more
constructively about global warming, rather than remaining safe in the
darkness of denial.

Regards,

LelandJ