On Monday 12 February 2007 7:20 am, Paul Hill wrote:
>Groundhogs? I had the impression you were in the UK, thinking more of riding
after dogs andfoxes. Damn, that must be a sport!

> > > Nope, I am in Virginia where fox hunting is still a sport today.  The
> > > difference is here we don't kill the fox and just account for them in
> > > the chase.  Across the pond they would kill the fox in the hunt.
> >
> > Hi David!
> >
> > Really. I never noticed any weapons in the pictures. What do they do,
> > force the fox to drink hemlock?
>
> The hounds rip it apart.

Hi Paul!

Remarkable that the American hounds show such restraint as to not do so, then.
I was thinking that the fox would climb a tree and let the dogs bark around
at the bottom, never having been to a fox hunt.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://www.pete-theisen.com/