Developing on XP I have Cleartype turned off - I think VFP is much more
readable that way and it doesn't have too much impact on other programs.

Yesterday I started doing some development on Vista for the first time.
First thing I noticed was that cleartype (which is on by default) seems
to make VFP even more unreadable than in XP (to the point where after an
hour of trying it I got a headache).  So I turned cleartype off.  VFP is
now perfectly readable, but several other programs (notably Thunderbird)
are really bad - much, much worse than in XP.

I've experimented with the cleartype tuner, different versions of vfp (8
and 9) and different fonts.  Nothing seems to make much difference.  I'm
dual booting XP and Vista so the video cards and TFT screens are the
same.  For the moment at least I'm back to using XP unless I need to
test something under Vista.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

--
Cheers

Brian Abbott

ACA Systems