Judith Barer wrote:

> So I would assume that if you want to connect from a web site you should
> use sql auth because you do not want to assume the user is using
> windows.
Well, you could set up a special user on the Windows side that just has
access to the relevant SQL data, can't log on to a desktop session etc
etc, but as others have said it's usually just easier to use SQL
authorisation. Just make sure you encrypt the password if you have
connection strings in config files !