>         If you want to stay current, you can check out the subversion
>repositories, replacing that "dabo", "demo" and "ide" folders.

Yup, that's what I do. If you want folks to test the runtime engine, it
would be helpful to make it possible to get updates for it the same way.

>         The exe is just the wrapper code. The bulk of the file is Python,
>all the required Python libraries, wxPython, Dabo, the database
>connectors, and a couple of other goodies that enable you to run Dabo
>without having to install the dependencies. If you plan on doing more
>than casually reviewing some of the stuff, you might want to consider
>ditching the runtime engine approach, which is always behind the
>times by definition, and install the dependencies. You can find
>instructions at: http://dabodev.com/wiki/InstallationOnWindows

Yeah, I've got all that stuff. I was just trying to test the runtime engine
update because you asked me about it. <g>

> > In any case, current download speed from dabodev.com is about 56
> > kbps--too
> > slow for me unless you tell me this is the only way to get that
> > update.
>
>         That's odd; I haven't had much traffic lately, and that's when I
>usually get complaints about slowness (RoadRunner has a much slower
>upload speed than download for residential accounts like mine).

I've got DSL, ordinarily downloads come in at between 150 and 350 kbps, and
I'm getting those speeds tonight on downloads from other sources.

Thanks.

Ken
www.stic-cil.org