Jeff Johnson <> wrote:
> When you have your website hosted by an ISP, you place all of your
> files on your own virtual server folders.  The question I have is
> where do you install database servers like MSSQLServer or PostgreSQL,
> etc.?  Do you install them on your virtual server?  Do you install
> them on the server itself and have it be part of one server where
> your databases are included with others on the server?  Do you
> install them on the server and have it be its own server where yours
> is its own instance and there are several instances on the server?

The ISP takes care of all of that.  Physical location isn't important when
it's all on their network for the fee that your paying.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who
    can do them absolutely no good." ---Unknown

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

1:36 PM