On 6/5/07, Dan Olsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But it also (if that's reason) had some advantages, you could as an
> example make a bootable ramdisk so you needed only to load
> systemfiles after a cold start. The ramdisk survived soft reboots so
> the next time you could boot up entirely from memory - pretty slick :)

Oh, you don't need to sell me! I owned a couple, moonlighted at a job
where I sold them part-time nights and weekends, worked with an Amiga
User Group, and even wrote a couple of articles. Amiga DOS was
superior to DOS and competitive with MacOS. There was even a UNIX
port, at one point.

Great stuff, lousy marketing. Hmm, that reminds me of something else...

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC