On 7/2/07, Lew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The next situation he addresses is one in which the same and linked data
> appears & must be refreshed &
> editable on more than one screen, so in order for changes to be visible, a
> commit must be issued leaving him
> without the option of a rollback.

I would resist that as far as possible. It violates data integrity.
I've coded around this kind of problem in a couple of ways: you could
share the same private data session between forms, so they each see
the same buffered data, or you could have a set of "pending
transaction" tables that hold the data that will be committed if the
entire multiple-screen process completes, or gets purged if the
process is cancelled/rolled back.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC