Thanks Brian, I'll see my client today and try your suggestion.

Rafael

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian Abbott
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 6:56 AM
  Subject: Re: xmltocursor blues

  Rafael

  You don't need a schema.  Create a table with the fields as you want
  them then use the 8192 flag in XMLTOCURSOR.  Like this:

  CREATE CURSOR RCT_Rec (timex T, uid I)

  TRY
  nRecs = XMLToCursor(tcPayload,"RCT_Rec",8192)
  CATCH TO oErr

  ENDTRY

  (BTW it's probably too late for you now, but I'd lok for a programmer
  who was willing to work on the basis that the source code is yours -
  there are plenty around).

  Rafael Copquin wrote:
  > Hi guys, I want to insist in the enclosed post. Mike Babcock already
replied to question 3) but I still do not know how to deal with 1) and 2)

  > Any ideas?
  >
  > Thank you
  >
  > Rafael Copquin

XML files. One of the applications in the device is to scan the shelf where the
items are, then the item barcode and finally enter the quantities found there.

  >   I use XMLTOCURSOR to read the data and a workable cursor is created, in
the form:

  >   SHELF   C(20)   && bar code
  >   ITEM      C(20)  && bar code
  >   QUANTITY I      && number of units on the shelf
  >
  >   however, if in one run, all the items found in the different shelves are
0 or 1, the confounded function believes the datum is logical and sends .F. if
zeroes are found or .T. if the number is 1

  >   Questions for the gurus:
  >
  >   1) How can I create a schema and send it to the function or an
xmladapter, so I get numbers and not booleans in the case described?
  >   2) could you please show an example on how this is done (create the
schema, load the xml into the xmladapter, and then retrieve the cursor and
browse it?
  >   3) the handheld devices operate with Windows Mobile. Is it possible to
run a VFP app in them? Thus far, I had to have them programmed in C# by someone
else, loosing the corresponding fee income  and what is worse, the total
control over the program, since the other fellow will not release the source
code

  --
  Cheers

  Brian Abbott