>> It seems the fix was temporary.  I can use Intellisense in the command
>> window if I open a
connection etc. but not in the editor.  What do I do now?<<

You need to declare the variable in each program you want the Intellisense
available. If you have
the code in the program or method you want to double check the declaration
syntax. If the syntax is
correct, then put the editor cursor on the declaration line of code and arrow
down through the
declaration. Occasionally I find the editor is not parsing the declaration when
I open the code. By
keying through it VFP recognizes the declaration and initializes the variable
for Intellisense.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com