From: Stephen Russell
To: ProFox Email List
Sent: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:07:13 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [OT] IRS -- keep it or do away with it? (was Re: Amount of money
deposited into banks and IRS)

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Larry Miller  wrote:
> Excellent idea, as it would encourage investment and be based solely on
> consumption... which we know the rich do at much higher levels than the poor.
>  However congress would have to be willing to give up the power to manipulate
> us through the tax code.

Wasn't that tax code established to catch organized crime, Al Capone,
in the first place.

I want to have the consumption tax.

I don't see a bunch of lawyers enacting a bill to put a lot of lawyers
out of business.  Sharks will take care of their own.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159