I have a Pivot Table worksheet in Excel 2007 that's running off a SQL
command. The dates in this statement are hardcoded at the moment: I'd
like to link them into a couple of cells in the sheet, but Excel is
being more unhelpful than usual.

There's a greyed-out Parameters button at the bottom of the Connection
Properties: Definition tab, but no particular mention of how to get it
to actually work. I tried putting ?DateFrom and ?DateTo into the SQL:
it correctly recognized those as missing parameters (and gave me no
option to supply them), so I tried ?=B1 and ?=B2 instead: no dice
either.

Help me save what little hair I have left, please. :-)