Jean, I think I agree with you
i.e. why look for a toolkit when your command is perfectly legitimate

I think you're saying this problem started just recently.
I had a similar issue, and the problem went away after I re-booted the Server.
Then it came back
I copied all the tables + cdx's to a different folder. Problem went away.
Then it came back
I freed up diskspace (it was down to 1 gig on a 200 gig server)
Problem went away (2 weeks ago and still not back.....................)

Sytze