Joe Yoder escribió:
> I'm afraid my use of terminology may be incorrect and causing confusion.
> What I want to do is to emulate the feature in QuickBooks that is active
> in any dollar amount field where one can enter "12.34 + 56.78 Enter" and
> have the calculation result, "69.12", entered into the field.  When a
> user enters an operator, the program opens a control that overlays the
> field and displays each  line of the calculation on a line of its own -
> emulating a paper tape adding machine.
>
> I have taken the approach of using a TextBox as the initial control.  If
> the user keys "10 Enter", 10 is accepted as the value and focus moves to
> the next control in the tab order. If the user keys "10+", an EditBox
> overlaying the TextBox is created.  The EditBox is initialized with "10"
> on the first line and "+" on the second line.  When the user has
> completed entry with an "Enter", the calculated result is written to the
> Value property of the TextBox, the EditBox is removed, and focus moves to
> the next control.

I would try the following. Create a container with a text box and an
editbox. The editbox is hidden and disabled. Then in the
interactivechange of the text box I'd wait for a '+' (or whatever), when
it is found then get the contents of the text box, disable the text box
and hide it, enable and display the edit box and put the contents of the
text box into it, put the cursor at the end of the text, give focus to
the edit box. In the valid of the the edit box just get the contents,
hide it, process the contents, put the result in the text box and show it.
Never tried doing it but it might just work

HTH