Andrew - It is a quantity field recording the number of units which may
be hours or other items.  I thought about popping up a separate form but
it seems like overkill as I want to minimize the area of the screen
overlaid by the control.  Also it seems a lot easier to place a control
than to figure out how to make a form come up exactly where I want it and
to have it grow as needed at run time.  I really like the QuickBooks
approach.  It might make sense to use a grid or an array of TextBoxes
instead of an EditBox when I finally figure out which approach to take.
Thanks - Joe