At 10:32 AM 1/19/2009 -0500, you wrote:
>You mentioned VFP 9 SP1. Have you tried this with VFP 9 SP2? Maybe the
>crash is already resolved in SP2 and you're beating your head against the
>wall for nothing.

Thanks Cathy.

I've been reluctant to apply SP 2 because of the stuff it munges. I dimly
recall reading that people have to pick up various pieces of hot-fixed
stuff from various locations in order to fix the broken things.
ReportListener source code and the help files come to mind. And haven't I
also heard that even the most recent "fixed" help file still isn't as good
as the one in SP 1? Is there a definitive comprehensive article posted
somewhere on what to do to recover from SP 2?

Actually, after posting my question I read your articles on the new
reporting stuff, and spent some time trying to integrate the default
ReportListener app into my program. With not much work I was able to get
that going for single reports--even figured out how to turn off the Print
button in the toolbar (I use a separate .exe for printing--and I realize
with more time I could get the Print button to call it, but was trying to
get something done fast). This works well; I no longer have to turn off the
menu to avoid crashes, and the preview window maximizes properly.

For multiple reports I need the default preview toolbar to let users zoom.
However, I have my own tricky little "toolbar" to let users respond to the
preview; it has buttons to go to the next report, cancel previewing, cancel
printing. It's not a real toolbar, it's a modeless always-on-top form that
I open before the preview window appears to make sure it's available. With
the ReportListener app though, in this setting with my little form, for
some reason the preview toolbar doesn't appear. The first report comes up
fine but when the user tries to go to the next report, the ReportListener
throws an error that it's looking for the toolbar and can't find it. Then
the whole thing crashes.

So for right now my code sets REPORTBEHAVIOR to 80 (with my menu-killing
dodge) for multiple reports and to 90 for single reports.

My question is, why would the preview toolbar not appear just because
there's another form present?

Thanks again.

Ken
www.stic-cil.org