I need to do the following:

create a cursor from a select statement
instantiate an OpenOffice scal object  (this would be equivalent to instantiate
an Excel object)
send all data from the cursor to the OO object
show the resulting sheet to the user

Now, I have seen a few examples by googling, but they are very complicated.

What I have found so far does the following:

instantiates the OO object
opens a blank sheet
and by a series of commands, sends data to the sheet.

something like this:

oSheet,getCellByPosition(0,1).setstring("January")

etc

oSheet,getCellByPosition(1,1).setvalue(1,234.56)

etc

This is cumbersome and time consuming.

I would like to do this

create the VFP cursor from the select statement
save it to disk thus:

copy to fileondisk type xl5

instantiate a OO object
make the object open the fileondisk.xls
show it to the user.

Any examples of code that you guys would furnish?

TIA

Rafael Copquin

multipart/alternative
  text/html