> I found out a bug in debian proftpd package:
>
> I assume it's a bug in proftpd, since proftpd should close FDs when it's
> daemonising. Is this correct?

In that bug report, you say:

  "after another attempt, it seems that proftpd process has FIFO open to
   frontend, which prevents the frontend from finishing."

To what "frontend" are you referring?  There's no mention of the
configuration being used, or any other details necessary for reproducing
the behavior locally.  This could be a bug in the Debian packaging,
rather than in ProFTPD itself -- but we cannot say from the available
information.

TJ