As a fellow beginner (learning for well over a year, on and off), I'll show a
way I would do it:

isAnagramOf =: -:&:(-.&' '@:/:~@:tolower)

I think Henry mentioned using the above conjunctions.
Also, as Henry said, Dissecting the verb is a great way to see what happened.

NB. name the string literals, it makes life easier
lhs =: 'a b C'
rhs =: 'cB  a'
space =: ' '

load 'debug/dissect'

dissect 'lhs ( -:&:(-.&space@:/:~@:tolower)) rhs'

On top of JForC and Roger Stokes' book, and of course the Dictionary and Nuvoc,
I found the "Brief J Reference" really helpful:

http://www.jsoftware.com/books/pdf/brief.pdf

Especially pages 17 and 18, which give a great overview (in diagram form) of
J's conjunctions, forks and hooks, without discussing rank, which of course is
important, but, for me at least, these diagrams really made the whole concept
click.

Regards,
Jon