While I'm also not too clear what you're really trying to achieve,
it might be worth offering this solution to your particular example
knowing your required solution:

   x  ((0~:(17 b.))&(#.@|:)) y
1 1 0 0 1 1

It uses the boolean and operation (17 b.) on bits at word level.
0~: could be 0< if you're sure the sign bit isn't involved.
Inducing |: on x is redundant,  but it makes for a neater expression.

If you were doing lots of these,  it would be better to
set up your "look-up" vector as

    [LU =: #.|:y
16 13 1 9 10 7

and then do

    LU(0~:(17 b.)) #.x
1 1 0 0 1 1

For repeated operation on several x s,  perhaps define a verb:

   lu =: LU &(0 ~: 17 b.)@#."1

eg

    lu x,:|.x
1 1 0 0 1 1
0 1 1 1 1 1

Binding LU into lu might be excessive for spatially large arrays of y.

This approach should work well for fewer that 32 or 64 bits.  Otherwise,
you'd need to break the arrays up into word-sized chunks. Perhaps that
is what you were getting at?

Any help,

Mike