so you can combine your original test with a test for infinities

((= <.) *. -.@(e.&_ __)) ] 2.1 1 __ 0 1

0 1 0 1 1

On Sunday, August 2, 2020, 08:24:54 a.m. EDT, Skip Cave
<s...@caveconsulting.com> wrote:

What I'm really looking for, is a verb that finds integers in a list:

datatype 2.5

floating

datatype 3

integer

datatype __

floating

So J considers __ as "floating"

So I want a verb "isinteger" that marks the integers in a vector, where __
is in the list, and is considered floating:

  isinteger 1 2.5 __ 3 4.5 6
1 0 0 1 0 1

And maybe the inverse also:

isfloating 1 2.5 __ 3 4.5 6