yes, but I wanted to at least keep some
remote connection to the original task:

“I now want to apply each element of V to the whole of M”

That’s what rank is for, and I think this is what
helps understand how to go about it in another situation.
So I directly translated “each element” into right rank 0
and “the whole of” into left rank _

You know, teaching the starving person to do fishing.

Or, as Pratchett put it:
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day,
but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Am 26.12.20 um 01:44 schrieb xash:
> Even simpler:
>
> M e. V
>
> :-)
>
> On Sat Dec 26, 2020 at 1:18 AM CET, Thomas Bulka wrote:
>> Hi Hauke,
>>
>> thank you very much. This works perfectly. Looks, like I’ve been
>> thinking to complicated, again...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Thomas
>>

>> On 26 Dec 2020, at 0:58, Hauke Rehr wrote:
>>
>>> +/ M e."_ 0 V
>>> does the job
>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

mail written using NEO