fun game – third try was correct
but I guess the fun’ll wear off soon
which is good because I don’t need another time sink ;)

but there’s an interesting question:
how exactly to prune depending on the feedback?
at first, we don’t want to repeat any letters
we already used in previous guesses
except if we already know all the letters
but in case we’re hunting for many good scores
and don’t mind ruining the average, we would
soon want to try what might be near-misses.

for example, I first got 2 yellow letters,
tried with empty intersection, got another
2 yellow letters, and then only this one
word came to my mind passing all the tests
so I tried it, and successfully so.
(early change to greedy strategy)

how do strategies change if all we care about
is the average? or if we want to give the
correct one at the 5th step exactly?

What if exactly one letter in each guess gets
a wrong feedback color? any 4/1 combination
would be more likely to have come from a 5/0
correct feedback than 3/2. Or would it?
Maybe that holds for the first guess.
But then how many could still start out 5/0
in subsequent guesses?

worlds to explore …