The LEO editor might be a good fit.
And yes, it’s really freaking (cool).
A script could generate the actual .ijs from snippets that are well
documented and those snippets may well be single J tokens.

Am 28.04.22 um 08:10 schrieb Ed Gottsman:
LOL.  Fair question.  Here’s another: if J adopted a style standard around
ideograms (which are rendered vertically by default) for comments, would that
on the one hand slightly increase (as a percentage) its reputation for
obscurity among Western programmers but on the other dramatically increase its
penetration in China (an enormous market)?

Seriously: I’m an amateur and maybe this goes away with expert status, but my
own J is no longer readable-at-a-glance after a day or two.  I’ve often
wondered whether a J-friendly editor could act as a crutch* in that regard.
Most programming languages are line-oriented in the sense that one comment per
line is adequate.  J is token-oriented in that each character speaks volumes
and may deserve its own annotation.  Typical (line-oriented) editors aren’t set
up to support that gracefully.  (I’m not telling you anything you don’t know; I
imagine this discussion has come up before.)

And, no, I don’t know what such an editor would look like beyond saying that it
would be really freaking cool.  As Wally once told the Pointy-Haired Boss,
“It’s my job angrily to point out problems!”  (Though to be clear, I’m actually
perfectly happy.  If I really can’t understand what I wrote, I just rewrite it
from scratch.  :-) )

Ed

*Crutch n. A thing used for support or reassurance.  May hold you back in the
long term.

Ed

Sent from my iPad