On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 5:28 PM Henry Rich <henryhr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> J threading shines when:
>
> * you want the threads to share data
>
> * you don't know whether threading will help you or not, and you'd like
> to see.  It's so easy to make a J verb into a task.

Also when you have a task where threading is an explicit requirement.

(I should review rosettacode tasks which call for threading and
restructure them to include a t. implementation. But I guess I'm
waiting for the task implementation to mature. For example, it looks
like we could use some library or maybe stdlib routines to initialize
a session's collection of live threads. And, I guess that in turn
wants some useful experiences to motivate the design of such a thing.)

Thanks,

--
Raul