I do not think you should expect this result to be 1 0:

    /:'((()))';'(())'
0 1

Consider:
    >'((()))';'(())'
((()))
(())

Here, the first character mismatch is in the third column, and '('
comes before ')'

As for aoc day 13, I remember it as being rather annoying.

What I did there, if I recall correctly, was modify each string to be
executable J, generating a boxed representation of the structure, and
then I built a recursive compare verb to implement the comparison
rules. (It might have been possible to normalize nesting depth so that
grade could have been used, or maybe that was a different aoc day that
I'm thinking of...)

I hope this helps,

--
Raul