If I remember correctly, the "0 limitation there was because d. was
explicitly rank 0 --
https://www.jsoftware.com/help/dictionary/dddot.htm

Meanwhile, of course, D. dealt with verbs at rank --
https://www.jsoftware.com/help/dictionary/ddcapdot.htm -- but getting
that right would have been a bit more work, and I didn't have a good
set of tests in mind to verify that I was approaching things correctly
there.

I hope this helps,

--
Raul