On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Florian Reisinger
<flo...@libreoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you see in the bottom of my initial mail managing and keeping the database
> up to date (use case 2,3) and getting the data into a JS variable (part of 1)
> I am lacking skills....
>
> So help appriciated... (No JS reqired, just MySQL, PHP and HTML)
> And the biggest question in my opinion is: How to update stuff? Do you need a
> password or shall we work with a submit form and do editing manually....
> Should be review the submit form etc....

Let's see... so we have some geo-information about the US/Canada people here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US/Members

That page uses a pretty consistent format that could be scraped and
translated into lat/long coords. We could expand into as many other
countries as you like.

I would suggest that people not add their full personal addresses to a
public resource, or even to a private db that pumps out precise GPS
coords, just for privacy considerations. For the US list we have City
(or region) and State, and I think that's probably going to give us
accurate-enough points to place on a map.

> So for the database work I would need some help, I do not know how the
> database design should work, but finding some people which help here might be
> good ^^
>
> @all: OSM or GMaps? Anyone with a helping hand?

If a lightweight solution like TDF Wiki + scraper + OSM overlay sounds
good, I might know a couple of people who could help out with that.

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon