I guess you mean "missing desktop app with an attractive GUI"? :)
Regarding features in general, chat history batch is a draft in the IRC v3 spec: http://ircv3.net/specs/extensions/batch/chathistory-3.3.html
A metadata spec is being written and it would include avatars.

It is also worth mentioning here that replies are a draft: http://ircv3.net/specs/client-tags/reply.html Editing and deleting of messages is being worked on: https://github.com/ircv3/ircv3-specifications/pull/304

Ilmari