Khaleej Times Online >> News >> MIDDLE EAST
No Pakistanis involved in Red Sea blasts: Egypt envoy
(Reuters)
26 July 2005
ISLAMABAD - The Egyptian ambassador to Pakistan on Tuesday denied
reports that Pakistani nationals were involved in the weekend bomb
attacks in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh that killed at least
64 people.
The ambassador, Hussein Haridy, said six Pakistanis being sought
by Egyptian police had nothing to do with the blasts.
"We deny categorically any links between Pakistani nationals and
Sharm el-Sheikh blasts," Haridy told Reuters.
"As far as Pakistan is concerned, it is categorically denied, and
about other foreign nationals the investigations are going on," he
added.
Egyptian security sources had said that police were searching for
the Pakistanis to find out why they had disappeared after the
bombings.
Haridy said the six Pakistanis were being sought for their own
security. "This is a routine security check that happens anywhere in
the world."
The news of suspected involvement of Pakistanis in the Sharm el-
Sheikh blasts came after Pakistani officials bridled at media reports
linking Pakistan to the July 7 bomb attacks on London that killed at
least 56 people.
Three of the four London bombers were Britons of Pakistani
descent and the fourth was a Briton of Jamaican origin.
Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, a key ally in the US-led
war on terrorism, has said there is no evidence so far to link the
London attacks to Pakistan, although visits by at least two of the
bombers to the country are under investigation.
Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List owner : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage : http://proletar.8m.com/
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proletar/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/