Anti-terror police hold four men Police investigating the failed London bomb attacks on 21 July have arrested four men in Birmingham under the Terrorism Act 2000. It is thought one man held in the Hay Mills area could be of one of the four suspects in the bombings. A suspect package was found during his arrest.
Three other men were arrested in the Ward End area of Birmingham and are in custody in the West Midlands. Two further arrests were made on a London-bound train in Grantham, Lincs. In London, hundreds of police and MI5 agents are continuing the hunt for the men who tried to bomb three underground trains and a bus six days ago. A flat in north London linked to two of the suspects is being searched, and police say chemicals found there and in a garage may have been for explosives. Taser gun The arrest of the man taken to London for questioning at the high security Paddington Green police station took place on the Heybarnes Road at 0430 BST on Wednesday. It followed a joint operation between West Midlands Police and officers from the Metropolitan Police Anti-Terrorist Branch. He was shot with a Taser stun gun during the operation, but police say no firearms were used. "A suspect package was found and as a precautionary measure evacuations have been undertaken in the vicinity," a police statement said. Shortly afterwards the second address was raided and the other three men were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000. 'Flat out' A neighbour of the flat being searched in London said she saw one of the suspects outside her home on the day after the failed bombings. The Metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair said the men could carry out another attack. "They are capable of killing again," he told Channel Four News. "We must find them. We are flat out and we are getting a great deal of intelligence." Police have linked Yasin Hassan Omar, 24, and Muktar Said Ibrahim, 27 - also known as Muktar Mohammed Said - to the flat in the 12- storey Curtis House, in Ladderswood Way, New Southgate. A white VW Golf, seized in nearby East Finchley on Tuesday, may have been used by one of the suspects, security sources said. Before Wednesday morning's arrests, five people had been held under anti-terror laws in connection with the inquiry. None were thought to have been among the failed bombers. Story from BBC NEWS: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/4720027.stm Published: 2005/07/27 07:08:09 GMT © BBC MMV Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED] List owner : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Homepage : http://proletar.8m.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proletar/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
