Bukannya ini cuma 'hoax' yang sudah usang.

Ada bantahannya:

----------------

Tommy Hilfiger's Response

We here at Tommy Hilfiger Wholesale have nothing to do with Tommy
Hilfiger Corp. This is the official response to the Oprah incedent.

# TO: TOMMY HILFIGER CONSUMERS AND FRIENDS
# FROM: TOMMY HILFIGER CORPORATION
# SUBJECT: MALICIOUS RUMORS

We are disturbed to learn that an ugly rumor has been circulating
about our company.

Since we understand that you have been the recipient of false
information we wanted to set the record straight. The facts are simple
and incontrovertible. Tommy Hilfiger did not make the alleged
inappropriate racial comments. He has never appeared on the Oprah
Winfrey show, although the rumor specifically asserts that he made
negative remarks in that forum and that Ms. Winfrey asked him to
leave. The show's producer has confirmed the fact that Tommy has never
been a guest.

Similar rumors have circulated about comments supposedly made on other
television shows. All of them are completely false. Tommy Hilfiger has
never appeared on Larry King Live or on CNN's "Style with Elsa
Klensch" despite persistent misinformation to the contrary.

Whether these rumors are part of a misunderstanding or a deliberate
act of malice, they have absolutely no basis in fact. Tommy Hilfiger
wants his clothing to be enjoyed by people of all backgrounds and his
collections are put together with the broadest cross section of
individuals in mind. To reinforce this, he features models of all
ethnic backgrounds in his fashion shows and advertisements. Tommy
Hilfiger and the entire company are extremely pleased that the brand
has been received so enthusiastically by individuals of all ethnic
backgrounds around the world. We hope you, too, are a satisfied customer!!

If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Tommy
Hilfiger Corporate Communications at 25 West 39th St., New York, NY 10018.

--- In proletar@yahoogroups.com, Harry Adinegara
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Inilah namanya rampant racism, dimana mana ya tetap aja ada.
>

> Ngak tahunya kalau abad ini bakalan jadi eranya orang Asia, maksudku
eranya bangsa Tionghoa. Bukan jadi rasis ini, tapi ada baiknya kalau
orang lain, selain kulit putih bisa mengimbangi orang bule, bahkan
dalam 2 dasa warsa lagi Tiongkok akan jadi negara super/mega power,
selain kekuatan ekonomi juga kekuatan tehnis dan persenjataan akan
mengungguli si Amrik.

> Harry Adinegara
>

> I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of the Oprah Winfrey
Show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if
the statements about race he was accused of saying were
true.Statements like "If I'd known African-Americans.   Hispanics,
Jews and Asians would buy my clothes,  WOULD NOT have made them so
nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made
for upper class white people." His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES".
Where after she immediately asked him to leave her show. The
suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger.
Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes, let's put
him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to afford
the ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes. BOYCOTT. PLEASE SEND
THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW. If we are small, then send it to the
whole community that's not white people and see the result. We have to
see the result of unity. Let's find out if Asian
>  and Non-white really play such a small part in the world. Stop
buying any range   of their product, perfume, cosmetics, clothes,
bags,> > >> etc., etc.

> Scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London. A
White woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man.
Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess. "Madam, what
Is the matter," the hostess asked. "You obviously do not see it then?"
She responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to
sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an
alternative seat. "Be calm please," the hostess replied. "Almost all
the places on this flight are taken.  will go to see if another place
is available." The Hostess went away and then came back a few minutes
later. "Madam, Just as I thought, there are no other available seats
in the economy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that
there is also a seat in the business class. All the same, we still
have one place in the first class." Before the woman could say
anything, the hostess continued: "It is not usual for our company to
permit someone from the economy class to sit in
>  the first class. However, given the circumstances,the captain feels
that it would be scandalous to make anyone sit next to someone so
disgusting." She turned to the black guy, and said, "Therefore, Sir,
if you would like to please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits
you in first class. At that moment, the other passengers who were
shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded. This
is a true story. If you are against racism, please send this message
to all your friends; please do not delete it without sending it to at
least one person.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/uTGrlB/TM