Allahu Akbar...

    Maha Besar ketololan dan kebiadaban orang Islam tipikal itu...

On 11 Nov 2005, at 13:11, Ambon wrote:

> http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9&section=0&article=73008&d=11&m=11&y=2005
>
> Friday, 11, November, 2005 (09, Shawwal, 1426)
>

>       No Mahram? Then Please Don't Dine Out
>       Lubna Hussain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>       Take three diverse dynamic Saudi women. Lubna Al-Olayan, Nahed Taher,
> and Capt. Hanadi Al-Hindi.
>
>       Lubna Olayan was ranked as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential
> people in the world. She also happens to be a trailblazer for budding
> entrepreneurs of both genders, displaying a corporate business acumen and
> shrewdness that most of her male counterparts don't hold a candle to. But
can she do it?

>       No.
>
>       Nahed Taher is a pioneer in the field of banking. As senior economist
> in the traditionally male bastion of the National Commercial Bank (NCB), she
> defied the mores and norms of a society where women skirt around the
> peripheral edges of employment and went straight for the jugular. But can
she do it?

>       No.
>
>       And then there's the iconic Capt. Hanadi Al-Hindi who quite literally
> flew in the face of all controversy surrounding the Shakespearean inspired
> debate of "To Drive or Not to Drive" and became the first Saudi woman to
> pilot a plane. She now jets around with one of the richest men in the
world. But can she do it?

>       No.
>
>       How about if they got together? If they couldn't do it as individuals,
> would the collective force of their combined prowess mean that they could do
> it?
>
>       No.
>
>       According to the rather spurious rationale we have adopted so
> wholeheartedly in this part o
f the world, women are allowed to control billions of riyals in assets, analyze
what to do with the
m, and take to the helm of private aircraft but what is it then that they are
so rigidly prevented
from doing? What is considered such a heinous crime in Saudi Arabia that even
our most competent an
d capable women who have proven themselves to be equal if not superior to many
of the men in simila
r fields are not permitted to indulge in such scandalous activity?

>       The answer is simple. Women are forbidden from eating in a restaurant
> without being accompa
nied by a male guardian. So whereas we are free to travel pretty much anywhere
within the Kingdom b
y ourselves, we must restrain from the temptation of succumbing to hunger pangs
once we arrive at o
ur final destination.

>       For those of you who may not understand the implications of such a
> statute, this means that
 if you fancy a bite to eat out and happen to be a woman, this could be
construed as criminal behav
ior. In order to be on the right side of the law, you must also make sure that
you are sufficiently
 in the mood for persuading one of the men in your family to go out with you.
Now, you do have quit
e a choice of dinner dates. The lucky guy could be your father, his brothers,
your mother's brother
s, your grandfathers, your brothers, your husband, your sons, your grandsons,
your nephews or all o
f them. But what if you're just not feeling like male company? Or perhaps they
are all busy? Or, as
 many women, you are divorced and don't have a readily producible male
guardian? Or you'd just pref
er a nightout with the girls?

>       Easy. You just stay home.
>
>       It really is a trifle disconcerting to see signs posted on doors
> leading into restaurants t
hat proclaim "No females allowed unless accompanied by male guardian" or "No
unaccompanied ladies".
 Proprietors have the right to refuse you entry if you do not comply with this
rule. In much of the
 world such notices are reserved for pets in parks. But like all forms of
bureaucracy there are cle
ver tactics that can connivingly be utilized to beat the system.

>       One of my girlfriends had invited me out for dinner to an Italian
> restaurant. We surreptiti
ously entered with a driver and maid in tow who Oscar-award-winningly assumed
the roles of surrogat
e mother and father for the evening. Upon her request I had my face covered in
case the lack of sim
ilarity became too blatantly obvious. We glided into the family section playing
the perennial happy
 Saudi family and upon our arrival parted ways.

>       "Mum" and "Dad" sat at a table adjacent to ours while we nestled into
> an enclave that was s
ealed off from the other diners by means of a movable wooden divider on wheels.
We decided to embol
den our culinary escapade by opting for the antipasti buffet and braving the
outside world beyond o
ur enclosure. Hastily covering our faces, we scurried off excitedly like a pair
of adventurous mice
 to the forbidden territory of the Singles Section where ironically, it doesn't
strike the authorit
ies in the slightest bit incongruous that women are allowed to venture into a
solely populated male
 arena under the pretext of smoked salmon, air-dried beef and Parmesan cheese.
So although we are n
ot allowed to eat by ourselves tucked away somewhere in the nether regions of a
restaurant, it is p
erfectly acceptable for us to strut our stuff and linger around selecting our
appetizers in front o
f a crowd of unfamiliar men. A perfectly sensible tenet I am sure you will
agree.

>       Once safely back in our temporary abode, we uncovered our faces and
> eagerly awaited our mai
n course. As we were chomping away with great relish we were taken aback when
the screen swung open
 and a strange man entered our haven.

>       "You!" he said pointing at my friend. "Where is your mahram (male
> guardian)?"
>
>       Slurping up her pasta irreverently she gestured to the next table at
> which sat the driver w
ho looked as much like her father as our interrogator, but he seemed satisfied
with the response no
netheless. He was about to walk away when he was struck by an Archimedes flash
of Eureka type inspi
ration.

>       "Why are your faces uncovered?" he inquired indignantly.
>
>       Such an unwarranted invasion of privacy by a complete outsider proved
> too much for her to t
ake.

>       "Listen," she responded haughtily. "We are in the family section and
> sitting in an area whe
re no one can even see us. I don't see why you think it is justified for you to
come in, stare at u
s and tell us what to do. We are trying to eat dinner and although we both had
our faces covered wh
en we were in public view, the reason why we are sitting inside here cordoned
off from the world is
 that we shouldn't have to conceal ourselves from each other! Asides from
which, if we did that the
n we wouldn't be able to see what it is that we are eating."

>       "Inshallah you will be blind!" he thundered and his parting shot
> ricocheted around the rest
aurant as he slammed shut the partition.

>       What I would like to be apprised of is why it is that men think that
> they can approach wome
n who are not their family members and cast aspersions upon them without the
slightest repercussion
? Who invents such strictures that deny women the very basic rights afforded to
them by God? How on
 earth can dining out be deemed un-Islamic in any shape or form? Is the sight
of a woman eating so
lascivious that the poor men of this nation have to be shielded from its
earth-shattering effects?
Such rules are nothing short of absurd, which is why I feel that as a woman I
would have had more r
ights and far better freedom had I been alive at the time of the Prophet
Muhammad (peace be upon hi
m). There was a very clear logic and rationale behind why certain social
behaviors were either perm
itted or not. Women were not indiscriminately perceived as being provocative or
coquettish and furt
hermore men were encouraged to control their untoward desires and basal
instincts. Women were inher
ently treated with a tremendous amo
>       I remember reading a letter to the editor in which the writer, himself
> a Muslim, remarked t
hat Muslim women would never be afforded their Islamic rights as long as there
were Muslim men aliv
e. Sadly, such incidents, strictures and infringements on basic God given
liberties seem to validat
e his point.

>       * * *
>
>       (Lubna Hussain is a Saudi writer. She is based in Riyadh.)

> Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subscribe   :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Unsubscribe :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> List owner  :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Homepage    :  http://proletar.8m.com/
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Jusfiq Hadjar gelar Sutan Maradjo Lelo

Orang Islam tipikal kudu sadar bahwa al-Mushaf itu TIDAK berbukti berisi wahyu
Allah
dan hadits itu mustahil ada yang sahih, artinya nabi Muhammad itu hanyalah
tokoh fiktif

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/uTGrlB/TM