Ni orang betul-betul udah nggak ketulungan: menyampaikan berita
    dari koran Arabpun dianggap "bawa sobekan koran bekas .. berisi
    hal-hal yang ngga pantas diurusnya ...  "

On 13 Nov 2005, at 22:50, PAREWA PAREWA wrote:

> Layaknya kristen tipikal yang dungu dan dengki ..
> kali ini Ambon --lagi-lagi-- bawa sobekan koran bekas ..
> berisi hal-hal yang ngga pantas diurusnya ...
>

> Ambon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis:
> http://www.arabnews.com/?page=5&section=0&article=73015&d=13&m=11&y=2005
>
> Friday, 11, November, 2005 (09, Shawwal, 1426)
>

>       Things Allowed With the Hijab
>       Adil Salahi, Arab News
>
>       Q. Is it permissible for a Muslim woman to wear make-up when she goes
> out wearing the hijab? Is she allowed to wear an ornamented dress?
>
>       N. Sultana
>
>       A. Scholars have wide differences with regard to the first point. Many
> scholars, particularly contemporary ones, take a very strict view,
> maintaining that a Muslim woman must not be seen wearing make-up by any man
> other than those of her relatives whom she is forbidden to marry. Other
scholars say that wearing decent make-up that is not designed to attract
people's gazes is permissible. Both groups support their views with the same
Qur'anic verse that defines how Muslim women should appear. The verse in
question states: "Tell believing women to lower their gaze and to be
mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms except what may
ordinarily appear thereof. Let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms
and not display their charms to any but their husbands, or their fathers, or
their husbands' fathers, or their sons, or their husbands' sons,
or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their
womenfolk, or those whom they rightfully
>  possess, or such male attendants as are free of physical desire, or children
> that are as yet unaware of women's nakedness. Let them not swing their legs
> in walking so as to draw attention to their hidden charms.
>
>       Believers, turn to God in repentance, so that you may achieve success."
> (24: 31)
>
>       The operative clause in this connection is that believing women must
> not "display their charms except what may ordinarily appear thereof."
> Scholars understand the phrase "what may ordinarily appear thereof" in
> different ways. Some say that it refers to the overall shape of the woman,
> such
as her height and aspects of her figure that are not disguised by clothes.
These say that wearing make-up is not permissible. Others say that it refers to
the face and the arms. Ibn Abbas goes furt
her to say that it means "the face, arms, kohl and the coloring a woman wears."
Kohl is a black stu
ff used as make up for the eyes. The coloring he refers to is a red color which
women may wear on t
heir hands or faces.

>       As for the second point, concerning "ornamented dress", I am not clear
> what is meant by "or
nament" in this phrase. If it refers to ornaments that are put on clothes such
as a broche, then th
ese are permissible, unless they contain something to make them otherwise. If,
on the other hand, i
t refers to printed material, then the design should be of decent nature.
Although some societies i
mpose certain colors on women's clothes, such as black, dark blue or gray, the
fact is that Islam d
oes not require such restrictions. All decent colors are permissible.

>       What we mean by decent is that which is considered to be decent in
> one's community. A woman
's clothes must be such as not to be eye-catching or inviting criticism or a
hard gaze. Otherwise,
there is no particular restriction on color.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/uTGrlB/TM