Refleksi; Sekalipun permohohan grasi ditolak oleh Makamah Agung, tetapi pasti tanpa hirup pikuk pemerintah NKRI akan membebaskan Amrozi bin Nurhasyim dari penjara.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&irec=0 Supreme Court rejects final Amrozi appeal The Jakarta Post, Jakarta The Supreme Court announced here Friday it has rejected a case review appeal from Amrozi bin Nurhasyim, a convicted bomber in the 2002 terrorist attacks on Kuta, Bali. Separately, Vice President Jusuf Kalla was quoted by AP as saying the ruling "abides by the law" and it was up to the attorney general to decide when to carry out the death penalty. The 2002 bombings are considered one of the most high-profile cases in the country's judicial history. 202 people, mostly foreigners, were killed in the blasts. The Supreme Court's verdict was issued by a team of judges led by Iskandar Kamil. The team also included panel members Bahauddin Qoudry and Djoko Sarwoko. The verdict, issued on Aug. 30, upheld the death sentence issued by the Denpasar District Court against Amrozi in August 2003. The sentence was upheld by the Bali High Court in late 2003 and then by the Supreme Court in January 2004. Justice Djoko Sarwoko, who is also spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the court had decided to reject Amrozi's request for a review of the court's January 2004 verdict on the grounds that Amrozi had failed to provide any new evidence. In his statement, Amrozi quoted a ruling by the Constitutional Court establishing that the 2003 law on antiterrorism could not be applied retroactively. Amrozi argued that he could not be convicted under the 2003 law since the Bali bombing occurred in the previous year. "However, the Constitutional Court's verdict does not automatically negate the verdicts of the Denpasar District Court and the Bali High Court, both of which sentenced him to death," Djoko said as quoted by Antara news wire. "The Court's panel of justices decided that the Constitutional Court's ruling was not new evidence in the case. It also concluded that there had been no mistakes (committed by the Denpasar Court and the Bali High Court) in issuing the death sentence," he added. Djoko said the Supreme Court was aware the 2003 antiterrorism law was not without its flaws, including articles in contradiction to other legislation. Djoko added that the court believed the verdicts of the District Court, the Bali High Court and the Supreme Court met all the stipulations of the Criminal Code Procedures. The other two men currently serving sentences for the Bali bombing -- Imam Samudra and Amrozi's brother Ali Gufron -- have also filed for a case reviews with the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has yet to issue its ruling on the two convicts' plea. Amrozi, Imam Samudra, and Ali Ghufron are currently serving their jail terms at Batu Prison in Nusakambangan, Central Java. The 2002 Bali bombings were blamed on the Al-Qaeda-linked Jamaah Islamiyah terror network. None of the three condemned convicts has expressed remorse over the attacks. printer friendly Post Your Comments [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe : [EMAIL PROTECTED] List owner : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Homepage : http://proletar.8m.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proletar/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proletar/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
