Hi everyone,

We just released the first official release candidate of Prometheus 2.32!

As a major new feature, it includes a new Agent Mode, which allows
operating Prometheus as an optimized remote_write-forwarder without full
local TSDB or querying capabilities (this was already pre-released
separately as v2.32.0-beta.0 a few weeks ago:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/releases/tag/v2.32.0-beta.0). See
also Bartek's detailed blog post about the new Agent Mode:
https://prometheus.io/blog/2021/11/16/agent/

Relative to the beta pre-release, v2.32.0-rc.0 now also includes support
for forwarding exemplars in Agent Mode, an adapted web UI for the Agent, as
well as a couple of smaller Agent-unrelated improvements.

The v2.32.0-rc.0 can be found in the usual locations:

- See the full changelog & grab the binaries:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/releases/tag/v2.32.0-rc.0
- See https://quay.io/repository/prometheus/prometheus?tab=tags and
https://hub.docker.com/r/prom/prometheus/tags for container images.

Please help us test and validate this release candidate, so that we can
find and fix any outstanding issues with it before the full 2.32 release.

Cheers,
Julius