Hello,

We've just released version 0.14.0 of the Java client:
https://github.com/prometheus/client_java/releases/tag/parent-0.14.0

The release has yet another log4j version update in simpleclient_log4j2:
This time to 2.16.0.

Apart from the log4j update we have a new feature:

[ENHANCEMENT] The HTTPServer can now be configured to use SSL (#695
<https://github.com/prometheus/client_java/pull/695>). Thanks @dhoard
<https://github.com/dhoard>.

A few words on the log4j update: The log4j dependency in simpleclient_log4j2
has scope provided, i.e. simpleclient_log4j2 does not ship with log4j.
simpleclient_log4j2 uses whatever log4j version the monitored application
provides at runtime. Updating the log4j dependency in simpleclient_log4j2
helps getting rid of security scanner warnings (see #733
<https://github.com/prometheus/client_java/issues/733>), but in order to
eliminate the log4j vulnerability you must make sure that the application
you monitor ships with an up-to-date log4j version.

Fabian