Hi Prometheans,

at the last in-person dev-summit in Munich, we talked a lot about how
to allow arbitrary UTF-8 characters in metric and label names (or
maybe just allow a few like "." and "/"...).

We also had some whiteboarding and brainstorming in the breaks, which
isn't reflected in the dev-summit notes. And obviously, there have
been a lot of discussions on various channels, private and public.

What started as an attempt to document the brainstorming that happened
at the dev-summit evolved into a summary of the current state of all
those discussions, as far as I have noticed. Please have a look:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yFj5QSd1AgCYecZ9EJ8f2t4OgF2KBZgJYVde-uzVEtI/edit

Cheers,
--
Björn Rabenstein