On 28.10.23 04:32, Danny Kopping wrote:

> The feature is hidden behind a feature-flag, but I would argue that we can
> drop the flag and simply set --rules.max-concurrent-evals=0 as default which
> is functionally equivalent to not having any concurrency at all (the
> current behaviour); double opt-in feels unnecessary.

Just a high level note about feature flags: The opt-in part is only
one reason to use a feature flag. The other is that it clearly marks a
feature as experimental. If we just introduced
`--rules.max-concurrent-evals`, people would inevitably use it
assuming it's a stable feature. Now imagine that it turns out that the
whole thing was a bad idea and we remove the feature again, those
users would see an unexpected breaking change.

--
Björn Rabenstein
[PGP-ID] 0x851C3DA17D748D03