On Friday, 22 October 2021 at 08:31:49 UTC+1 jthunder wrote:

> We use Prometheus to monitor K8s clusters and applications on them. We
> have create 500-800 alert rules to be applied to Prometheus. But we don't
> find any doc about how to arrange these rules.
>
> Currently we have 3 options:
> 1. One file per rule; or
> 2. One file including all rules; or
> 3. Spread all rules to 5-8 files based on clusters or severity;

It's entirely up to you how to organize them.  If they are being generated
automatically, then you might as well put them in one file.  If you are
maintaining them manually, then whatever makes sense from an organizational
point of view: by host, by service, by responsible team etc.

https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/management_api/#reload