Hi Team,

we have a situation , where we have 8 to 15 million head series in each
Prometheus and we have 7 instance of them (federated). Our prometheus are
in a constant flooded situation handling the incoming metrics and back end
recording rules.

One thought which came to was - do we have something similar to log level
for prometheus metrics ? If its there then... we can benefit from it ....
by configuring to run all targets in error level in production and in
debug/info level in development... This will help control flooding of
metrics.

Say, If we write a wrapper on top of prometheus java client API, its going
to be messy - hence wanted to check if this request makes sense or is there
any other way out ?

Let me know your thoughts how this can be achieved .... Really need to hear
from others on how this sort of situation is handled and whats the way to
tackle ...

fyr - We have raised the same issue @ prometheus java client project -
https://github.com/prometheus/client_java/issues/815

Many Thanks