Hello,

I am using snmp-exporter to monitor CISCO IOS and IOS-XE devices.
However I have issues with merging the "IF-MIB" and
"CISCO-IF-EXTENSION-MIB".

IF-MIB provides information with the following labels:
ifIndex
ifName
ifDescr
ifAlias

if I add the "CISCO-IF-EXTENSION-MIB" to the generator I get the results
from the Cisco device but the metrics do not caontain the ifIndex, ifName,
ifDesc, ifAlias information.

Unfortunately I do not know if this can be configured in the generator.yml
file or not and in addition I do not really understand the lookup and
override configuration.

This is the part of IF-MIB and CISCO-IF-EXTENSION-MIB in my generator.yml.
I get the metrics but the CISOC MIB is missing - for me relevant - labels I
have in the IF-MIB.

  if_mib_15s:
    walk:
[ifName,ifAlias,ifDescr,ifIndex,ifMtu,ifHighSpeed,ifAdminStatus,ifOperStatus,ifLastChange,ifConnectorPresent,ifHCInOctets,ifHCInUcastPkts,ifHCInMulticastPkts,ifHCInBroadcastPkts,ifHCOutOctets,ifHCOutUcastPkts,ifHCOutMulticastPkts,ifHCOutBroadcastPkts,ifInDiscards,ifOutDiscards,ifInErrors,ifOutErrors,ifInUnknownProtos]
    lookups:
      - source_indexes: [ifIndex]
        lookup: ifAlias
      - source_indexes: [ifIndex]
        # Uis OID to avoid conflict with PaloAlto PAN-COMMON-MIB.
        lookup: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 # ifDescr
      - source_indexes: [ifIndex]
        # Use OID to avoid conflict with Netscaler NS-ROOT-MIB.
        lookup: 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1 # ifName
    overrides:
      ifAlias:
        ignore: true # Lookup metric
      ifDescr:
        ignore: true # Lookup metric
      ifName:
        ignore: true # Lookup metric
      ifType:
        type: EnumAsInfo
    max_repetitions: 50
    timeout: 5s
    retries: 3

  # CISCO-IF-EXTENSION-MIB
  ciscoIfExtension_15s:
    walk:
[cieIfIndex,cieInterfacesIndex,cieIfName,cieIfNameMappingEntry,cieIfNameMappingTable,cieIfInRuntsErrs,cieIfInGiantsErrs,cieIfInFramingErrs,cieIfInOverrunErrs,cieIfInIgnored,cieIfInputQueueDrops,cieIfOutputQueueDrops,cieIfStateChangeReason,cieIfOperStatusCause,cieIfOperStatusCauseDescr]
    max_repetitions: 50
    timeout: 5s
    retries: 3

The second part of the question is:
In IF-MIB i can get the system uptime of "ifLastChange". it contains
interface information (ifIndex, ifName, ...).

the other metric ist "sysUpTime"

I wanto to generate a PromQL query in grafana which shows me the time which
passed since the last change of the interface. So if I open my dashboard I
want to see that the interface's status changed 3min earlier. I do not want
to have the information that the last changed happend when the system was
up for 128d 18h 25min.

any chance to calculate this and if yes can you provide the query?