storage.tsdb.max-block-duration default value is set to be 10% of retention
time. I am currently using a setup with 30 days of retention and thereby
this flags default value is set to be 3 days.
Based on suggestions posted here:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/issues/6934#issuecomment-1610921555
I changed storage.tsdb.min-block-duration to 30m and
storage.tsdb.max-block-duration to 1h. This resulted in no-compaction state
and local storage increased quickly.

In order to enable the compaction and have a safe test, I changed
storage.tsdb.max-block-duration to 1day

I want some guideline on what is a safe lower value of this parameter and
keeping it low impact in increased memory usage?