Hi All,
I am facing an issue with the latest version of Alert manager.
I have a group_interval which is a perfect divisor of repeat_interval

*group_interval: 1hrepeat_interval: 4h*

in the aforementioned setting , i get repeated alerts after 5 hours ( if no
new alerts are added) which is contrary to what i expected.
[image: almgr.png]

After countless keystrokes in google search bar, i came across an issue
which mirrors what i am experiencing with Alert manager. -
https://github.com/prometheus/alertmanager/issues/2320
[image: issue.png]
There is no response from the developers on this post.

Seems i need to try

*group_interval: 1mrepeat_interval: 4h*
to get as close as possible (4 hour 1 minute)
 but with this setting i may end up spamming alert receivers -  with
updates every 1 minutes in worst case scenario.

Is there a way out ? Please advice.

Thanks ,
Puneet