Hello,
This is my first time using Prometheus. I found it very easy to set up the
server but I'm puzzled about viewing the data.

I have a prometheus server running on a VPN at Digital Ocean, which is set
up to scrape data from Caddy webserver.

But how do I view the dashboards?

I know there's a prometheus ui that I can use at localhost:9090, but I
don't know how to set that up to view the data on a prometheus server
running on a vpn.I can't just open localhost:9090 on my browser and see
data from a remote server, there must be some step I am missing.

Can anyone give me detailed step by step instructions?
1.Do I need to add anything to the prometheus.yml file? if so, what?
2. what command do I run in the terminal of my computer to get the
prometheus ui going?

Thank you for your help.

By the way, I've heard Grafana is also a possibility but I'm interested in
trying the Prometheus Ui instead. Thank you.