Dear all,

I have read the proposed statements about URC/AALOA.

I support the idea that the tow organisations should seek to co-operate while
at the same time each having their "own" field of activity.

However, I am a bit concerned that the existing wording is not clear enough.  I
found I had to read it several times, and in the end was not quite sure where
the boundaries would be.

Some specific issues:

1.  It says "URC will focus on....".  URC has existed for a long time, and a
lot of people know it.
       When you use the word "will", as future tense, it raises a question
about whether URC is now going to change direction.
      Is that the case?  I am not sure.

2.  Use of the word "focus".  I have learned that this word can sometimes be
imprecise.  Does it mean "will spend most if its efforts
       working on - but still be allowed to do other things" (in the same way
that when you "focus" on something in a photograph, the other
       elements are still visible, even if a bit fuzzy)  OR does it mean "will
work on this and nothing else"?
       I feel unsure which is meant in the context of this message.

3.  Both say "it will rely on.... standards".   This may just be an issue of
the use of English:  "rely" gives the strong impression that URC and AALOA will
      have to hope that other people develop then needed standards.  Is that
what is meant?

So, even though the parties involved may have a clear idea what they mean, I
fear that an "outsider" reading this will still be unsure of where the boundary
is.

JOE