Von: Francesco Furfari [mailto:francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010 10:56
An: Hanke Sten
Cc: Francesco Potortì
Betreff: Re: AALOA

Dear Sten,

I'm happy for this mail :-)  ...   answers are in-line

Il 28/10/2010 11.50, Hanke Sten ha scritto:
Dear Francesco,

based on what we talked in Madrid I want you to add me as a person to the AALOA
board.

Sten you should reply to the mail on the Promoters mailing list with subject
"[aaloa promoters] Nominating the temporary governing board"
the last reply was from Thomas Karopka

I think we also wrote you a mail some month ago that I have checked with our
offices that AIT-HBS would like to be a promoting company. So far I see us not
on the AALOA page (the logo you find in the erroom).
Please use the following link (also behind Andreas and my name in the supporter
and promoter list!!): http://www.ait.ac.at/homeCare-AALSolutions

Probably I misunderstood your position. By the way  being promoters as
organization means that your Organization  may be asked to share the cost of
the infrastructure ... in this moment we don't have big expenditure ... CNR is
providing the machine and the domain maintenance, but it could be in the future
we need to share cost of maintaining the association in general.  We (CNR,
FhIGD, ITACA, SINTEF) had a telco in order to discuss about such issues, but we
don't have a formal agreement... only a gentlemen agreement and a number of
Expression of Interest (letters exchanged)

If you are sure that you want this visibility and "duties",  then replying to
the above mail, I suggest you to state also the intention of your organization
to be listed as Promoting Organization as you are committed to strongly support
this community, and that Andreas will contact the other organisations by
sending an Expression of Interest. (we can talk better about this)

Concerning the names don't worry. You are listed in both the groups. The
difference is that in the web page they are listed alphabetically, while in the
manifest according the time they joined.

You will also get a message soon that we want to join AALOA with a project
called H.O.M.E.R which is an OSGI based sensor service platform we want also to
offer in open source and which is already used in the BEDMOND AAL-JP. Please
consider homer.aaloa.org

Great to know about this !!!
Sten the first project to be supported will be ZigBee 4OSGi. We will start  in
few days (week) and you will see an example of the procedure that we will put
in place. Basically a project proposal should be submitted to the temporary
governing board to be accepted and incorporated. Yes, the board of which you
will be part, then the needed infrastructure will be allocated for the project,
 if it is accepted.
The important things to know are:
- Is the project already active?  if yes than there are a number of persons
already working on it and maybe sharing already some infrastructure. Are those
infrastructures public? are they using collaborative tools for an OS
development? If yes, then we can just point to your host machine with the
address homer.aaloa.org
This would mean to really start to federate projects and you as Promoting
Organization to create a piece of the shared infrastructure of AALOA. (in this
case I would suggest you to allocate a separate machine for the project, in
fact one of the option we discussed was to donate Host machines to the
association)
Otherwise, if you need to create this infrastructure from the scratch, we would
allocate the resources for you.
It means that on the AALOA Host machine we would instantiate the software you
require.
It would be more easy having you as promoter, because in this case one
"infrastructure manager" of your organization could be granted with access
right to our machine and start to set up your environment.
Yes, because each project is autonomous, we don't force you to use the same
tools apart from the SVN repository, that is important to track the activity of
all the community.

Another important aspect is the number of people working in the project. You
should indicate the number of initial committers, and the project leader who
will maintain contact with the Governing Board of AALOA (this should be
confirmed by the Bylaw of the association when incorporated )
Moreover it is also useful to list a number of persons (key person,
personalities)  that express their interest in the project proposal ... they
don't necessarily be part active of the project now neither in the future. This
is also a way to push you to make publicity to your project, and to bring new
attention to AALOA too.

As discussed please consider me also member of the technical committee in the
Evaal - so far its possible that my colleagues from AIT can also submit to the
competition of localization.

As member of the Steering Board of EvAAL I will signal your request to the
chair of the program committee.
I will be back to you on this ASAP.

Thank you for your help and participation
Feel free to ask me more details, we can also talk by phone

Francesco

Kind regards Sten

STEN HANKE
Health & Environment Department
Biomedical Systems

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Viktor Kaplan Straße 2  |  2700 Wiener Neustadt  |  Austria
T +43(0) 50550-4836  |  M +43(0) 664 8251358  |  F +43(0) 50550-4840
sten.ha...@ait.ac.at<../../../../reinickev/Lokale%20Einstellungen/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/FBBZEWQ6/vorname.nachn...@ait.ac.at>
  |  http://www.ait.ac.at

FN: 115980 i HG Wien  |  UID: ATU14703506
This email and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender by return e-mail or by telephone and delete this message from your
system and any printout thereof. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or
dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails
are susceptible to change. AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH shall not
be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information
contained in this communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its
receipt.