Dear Jesus,

I realised only now the Oracle lawsuit against Google, it was in August during my vacation :-)

  the Outsourcing proposal of Google (mail, Ipvoice, office
SW suite,..etc) is quite competitive (probably better than the IBM one)

can you send me some pointer on that.

.... and embedded systems are at the core of any AmI scenario  :-(

Here is the interesting discussion and the link with our
projects/initiatives, ....I feel that the embedded systems are more in the
terminal part of AmI rather than in the core. Embedded systems are needed
to reach and interact with the physical world. However, there is not much
difference between the knowledge and intelligence building process in the
physical world and in the digital one (in terms of building relations among
entities to reach conclusions).

Well I was referring to the central role of the devices more than the technological aspect. Maybe I didn't understand your answer. Do you think that cloud computing solutions, as virtualization of the user resources accessible everywhere, will be the prominent aspect ? I'm not sure about this. Years ago people talked about the radio programs killed by the TV. I think cloud computing will be only another way to interact with the digital world, but not the only one or the prominent way (I hope). Personally I'm more interested to exploit the locality principle of people traversing different smart spaces and discovering in each of them local services (Location Based Services) ... it should scale better ... In this sense embedded devices (i.e.mobile phone) are important because they are centered on the user, they are the probes that help people to inspect the physical world, maybe more important of the intelligence embedded in the environment ... the problem is that the internet access is not free, and only in a world freely connected you can realize the AmI scenarios. The Romans built an empire with roads ;-)

Francesco