Larry,

There you go - reading my mind (again).

Yeah - without the word "fixed" in there, we're going to be confused with mobile broadband and our publicity will lose it's distinctiveness and therefore it's "punch".

jack

On 10/20/2014 6:31 PM, Larry Schriver wrote:
Jack is proud of you.
Larry

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:54:18 -0400
From: ch...@shelbybb.com
To: bo...@wispa.org
CC: promotion@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA Promotion] [Board] WISPA Press Boiler Plate

I'm good with it...matches the mission/goals.

Regards,
Chuck

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Forbes Mercy <forbes.me...@wabroadband.com> wrote:
One of the things the Promotion Committee worked heavily on was a "boiler plate" which is a template statement that informs what WISPA does.  Over the last week we have sent out numerous Press Releases, in all of them I added "fixed" to the statement:

About WISPA

WISPA is a membership-driven trade association that promotes the development, advancement and unity of the fixed Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) industry. WISPA has over 800 members that support WISPA’s advocacy, education and other collaborative industry initiatives. For more information, visit www.wispa.org

Sue informed me that a lot of work went into this statement so I want to make sure the committee and board don't have a problem with me adding that word and changing the boiler plate permanently.  I don't want us confused with the mobile industry and since we promote fixed wireless I felt it should be identified.

I'm giving you the opportunity to tell me if you'd like to keep the original verbiage or allow for the change.

Thanks,
Forbes

Support Honest Gil Fulbright for Senate
<http://honestgil.com/#up>

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Author (2003) - "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks"
Serving the WISP Community since 1993
760-678-5033  jun...@ask-wi.com