Hi James,

I have just tried the basic demo of wami-recorder on my school server. The
basic recording works and the default recording format is PCM data, signed
16 bit integer, 22050 sample rate. I can convert it to 16000 sample rate
using sox on the server. Also I have found that it is possible to set up
the recording parameters, however, the code may still revert back to its
default setting. Currently, I have tried to do it but not succeeded yet.
I'm still working on that.

In the wami-recorder source code, there are two kinds of uploading modes:
single post and multipost. For the single post, it will store the recorded
data locally and only post it when recording is done. The multipost creates
a single post everytime the recorder calls write method. I believe it could
support uploading while recording. However, I didn't found any compression
in the code.

So what's would be suggestion?

By the way, the server I used to test the code only supports on campus
access. It is not public accessible. So it would be no problem for me to
testing the recording, but it may be a problem if we use it for data
collection.

Best regards,
Troy